Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Oh shit, it's Youtube.

I will keep video links to a minimum. I find them annoying to a reading/viewing experience and think they really only have an appropriate place if I'm bashing out some semi-comprehensible brain yogurt about music or film, but this ad is absolutely brilliant and should be seen. Don't take my word for it, there's a New York media art museum that agrees.


It's not just the twist aspect that propels this bit of brainfuckery to being art. There's a careful layering of elements, from the obvious color wash to near-total lack of ambient sound to the spartan loneliness of that little kitchenette as offset and thus highlighted by the choice of music. Whole stories could be made of the design choices. One minute advertisements are almost never so carefully conceived and crafted.

AKA it kicks a couple of asses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I won't tolerate any bullshit here, including anything to do with BBoy culture.